About Us

Hi! We are The Garcia Family!

Monday, June 6, 2011

An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away!!! Right???


She did this all on her own!!!  We are so proud!!! :)

Today is a big day!  Em's (what Chrissly calls or will call my Dad) birthday is today!  He is still in Alabama working on the tornado stuff; so we called him to wish him a "Happy Birthday."  Not only that, by Chrissly's sister Chloe's (our dog) birthday is today.  Chloe has kinda gotten the shaft because Mommy (that would be me :D) has been sick....Poor Chloeies!!!!  We will make it up to her!!!  And finally, today is Chrissly's two week Birthday!  She was supposed to be born yesterday, but instead we are celebrating her two week birthday today! :)  Yea!!!

        She had her two week pediatrician appointment today.  She is doing very well.  She is 19.5 inches, which measures in the 25th percentile.  She weighs 7 lbs 3 oz.  Which is in the 25th percentile.  And, her head is 35.3 cm, which is in the 50th percentile for her age :)  I don't know where she gets her big head from! :)  I'm gonna say Daddy :P  The pediatrician said she was pleased with her development and that she seems to be doing well.  I will feel better when we can get rid of the bit of diaper rash she has; but, the pedi says that that is normal because she is going to the bathroom so often.  (We are changing diapers at least every two hours, if not more often)  Sometimes we will change the diaper, and then get to change another one right after because she doesn't like clean diapers I don't think :)  jk







      On a different note, I kinda had a sad moment today.  I have been struggling with fever for almost two weeks.  The nurse listened to my symptoms over the phone and said that I probably have mastitis.  She prescribed me some meds, which I have been taking for 7 days now.  Sadly, I still have all the symptoms...the main one being flu-like symptoms that make it really hard for me to get out of bed and change her diaper, feed her, etc.  My fever has gotten up to almost 102 today; so, finally I am going IN to see the Dr. tomorrow.  Mimi (My Mom) came and took Chrissly for the afternoon because my fever is so high and I need to sleep and get rest.  Now, while Mimi is in hog heaven...Mommy feels guilty and feels like she can't take care of her child :(  I know I need to stop, but...I just want so badly to be able to do everything I know I should be able to by now.  We have been home for a week...I should be able to change her diaper, pump, feed her, etc. all without feeling like I have just been hit over the head with a club and without having major fever chills!!!   I know there has to be a time when I can do all that without feeling sick all the time, but that has not been the case so far :(  Hopefully, this will improve after my appointment tomorrow!!!


Chloe playing in her pool :)




First Wings N' More Trip!  
Daddy can't wait to take her on Wednesday nights when she is old enough, for Kids Eat Free nights :)



No comments:

Post a Comment